How Many Sprays of Cologne [Best Method Included]
Before spraying cologne, you need to know where and when it is to be applied. Properly wearing cologne is an art for a gentleman. But many men are unaware of it. So at first, let us look at how to use cologne appropriately.
How to properly wear or apply cologne?
Most men do not know to apply cologne in the right way. There are some techniques to apply cologne correctly. The steps are as follows:
- First, you will have to apply cologne in clean and dry skin. It is better to use after the shower.
- Second, you will have to focus on the body parts that get focus after you get dressed—for example- neck, and wrist.
- Third, you should apply cologne from 3-6 inches away from your skin.
- Finally, reapply if it is needed.
How many sprays of cologne?
“Sprays of cologne” means the amount of cologne we pump to apply on our skin. The proper amount is four sprays. Two sprays on both of your inner wrist and the other two on your neck. It does not need much application because less is much. Moreover, some people prefer more than four sprays. That is fine, but too much will not be standard.
100 sprays can be a pump from a bottle of 10 milliliters (ml). Like that, 200 sprays from 20 ml, 300 sprays from 30 ml, and so on. Therefore a bottle of cologne lasts for a longer time.
Common mistakes while wearing cologne
- First, you should not spray cologne into the air and walk through it.
- Second, do not pat or rub your wrist and neck after the application.
- Third, you should not apply cologne on your clothes because the oil in the cologne can damage your clothes.
- Fourth, you should not also wear it on your hair.
- Last but not least, do not apply too much cologne.
How to choose cologne?
It is also essential to select the right cologne that suits your personality. Cologne should be chosen based on how strong you want your perfume to be. So the way is to focus on the level of concentration of the perfume.
The more the level of concentration, the durable the fragrance, and the less the level of concentration weaker the aroma. It is always better to choose strong cologne as it will make you more presentable, attractive, and confident. As a result, you will feel less anxious.
During the winter season, you can choose the light cologne as we sweat less then. But it is evident that the strong cologne lasts long and it is also more expensive.
If you choose strong fragrance cologne, then you will be more attractive to women as most of the women like strong fragrance.
How to apply cologne without spray
No need to worry if the cologne does not come in a spray bottle. If can also wear the fragrance without the pump option. You will have to follow the following steps:
- Inflexibly cover the mouth of the bottle with your inner wrist.
- Flip the bottle upside down more than once to grab the proper amount of product.
- Do not rub the scent. Instead of that, you can dab the product on your wrist and neck.
Benefits of cologne wearing
Applying cologne is someone’s own choice. But there are many benefits to wearing cologne. Some are as follows:
- It will define your personality and the taste of choice.
- It will make you confident and attractive.
- It does not need so much of an appliance so that you can use it for a more extended time.
- It also comes in a trial pack. So you can carry it easily wherever you go.
- It keeps mosquitoes away from you because of its innovative fragrance.
How is cologne different from ordinary perfume?
The main difference between cologne and ordinary perfume lies in the concentration of essential oils in the base of the fragrance’s water and alcohol. Usually, there is a higher concentration of oils in perfumes which is about 20 to 30 percent.
On the other hand, there is a lower concentration of oils in cologne, which is about 2 to 4 percent. The concentration determines how long the perfume will last.
FAQ: How many Sprays of Cologne
We have received many questions related to sprays of cologne. Instead of answering all the questions individually, we have decided to make a simple QnA section within this particular article and share answers for your queries. Without further due, let’s see them at a glance.
What is cologne?
Cologne is an unseen part of personal smartness. It is a liquid perfume made of alcohol and sweet-scented oil. This kind of perfume lasts long because of the most use of oil. The type of cologne you choose symbolizes your personality and taste of choice.
Can I wear cologne daily?
Yes, you can wear cologne on your regular days. If you enjoy the fragrance and feel happy, confident, and attractive, then you can use it on your daily basis.
How long does a bottle of cologne last?
It is better to store the product in a darker and calm place like a closet because doing so will increase the longevity of the product. Usually, a bottle of fragrance has an average shelf life of three to five years. But sometimes it differs from company to company.
Can women wear or apply cologne?
Cologne is specially designed for men, but women can wear them too. When you smell a fragrance from another gender (masculine, feminine, and unisex), you feel like it will suit you very well. Many women want to wear masculine scent, and they also wear it without any hesitation.
It is very much challenging to wear a feminine fragrance for men. So if you find worries in choosing the scent, then you can go for a unisex fragrance because both males and females can wear it.
So now you have known how many sprays of cologne to wear. Additionally, you have also learned about the proper way to apply it and the mistakes to avoid. But try before you buy it. Many cologne companies have their trial pack, which lasts for at least a month. Avoid the cheaper one as it will not last long.