How to Choose the Right Perfume for Office
Whether you are a perfume obsessive or new to fragrance, discovering your personality, fragrance can be an overwhelming experience. When you find a fragrance counter, the information you get on the bottle is not enough to understand everything about it.
Once you can choose the perfect one, it may become a part of your life for an extended period. And especially if you are an office-going person, you will have to pick a not too intense perfume.
Therefore, in this article, you will get to know about the steps of choosing the right perfume for office. Before that, let us have a look at the perfumes we generally use.
Types of Perfume
There are five types of perfume. They all are made to wear for different purposes. Such as- office, party, date, wedding, gift, vacation, night time, and daytime. Moreover, the perfume types are described below so that you can understand in more detail:
- Parfum: Also known as Extrait de Parfum. This has the highest oil concentration. Its concentration lies between 15 to 40 percent, while other perfumes’ concentration is between 20 to 30 percent. Due to this, it has the longest durability, which is around 6 to 8 hours, and it is quite expensive.
- Eau de Perfume: Eau de Perfume has the next peak oil concentration between 15 to 20 percent. As it is slightly low concentrated, it stays on the trigger for 4 to 5 hours. So it is perfect for nightwear and is cheap than parfum.
- Eau de Toilette: Eau de Toilette has an oil concentration from 5 to 15 percent. This stays for 2 to 3 hours, and it is relatively cheaper than the other two types mentioned above. It is perfect for day time.
- Eau de Cologne: Eau de Cologne has an oil concentration of about 2 to 4 percent, which is very low. But, their concentration of alcohol is high. Therefore, it can last for a maximum of 2 hours, making it cheaper than other perfumes.
- Fraiche: It is related to Eau de Cologne. This has the lowest oil concentration among all. The percentage is around 1 to 3, which is basically watery and lacks high alcohol.
Steps to Choose Right Perfume for Office
After knowing the perfume types, it became much easier to understand the right perfume for the office. As the office is a workplace, you cannot wear bold or strong fragrance there. Some of your colleagues may appreciate it, while the other may raise their nose.
For an experiment, you can see the facial expression or reaction of them. But as told before, it is better to avoid overpowering fragrance. Therefore, read the below points carefully, which will help you choose your office perfume.
The perfumes with low concentration are perfect for office wear. They have less perfume oil concentration and high alcohol concentration. Experts recommend using body mist, light cologne, or Eau de Toilette during the working hour. This will not be overbearing or strong but calm.
Choose citrus or light floral notes for office hours. They are delightful to smell and not intense. This will also be formal, like your office suit. Do not worry about the durability as it stays for a long time.
Such notes include:
- Aquatic notes
- Lily of the valley
One of the main purposes of purchasing perfume is to smell good for a standard amount of time. This condition is applicable for office and all other occasions. So, for wearing perfume at the office, choose “Parfum.” It will stay for more than 6 to 8 hours, which is the total office hour.
This is because of the high concentration of oil. You will not also have the pressure of re-applying the perfume.
Types of Fragrance
You should choose fragrances that are more natural and amusing. According to that, there are 4 types of fragrance:
- Floral: the aroma of flowers like rose, jasmine, lily, violet, lavender, and so on. Mostly females use this flavor.
- Fruity: the smell of fruits like grapes, berries, or peaches. This is perfect for both men and women.
- Woody: woods like agarwood, cedar, sandalwood, rosewood, pine, etc., are needed to prepare woody perfumes. Those who love the earthy smell will like it.
- Citrus: this odor is made from fruits containing citric acids, like lemon, orange, and bergamot. This gives a light but fresh feeling.
Importance of Wearing Perfume at Office
Offices are a busy place where many people stay together for at least 7 to 8 hours per day. During this whole time, employees have to be in a rush. Some may also have to go out according to orders from the seniors.
In this complicated situation and additionally, if it is an incredibly hot summer, you will surely get wet by sweat. As a result, a musty smell will come both from you and your cloth.
You will feel uncomfortable to move close to somebody to get a judge. But, all these situations can be overcome by only 3 to 4 sprays of perfume. Other than this, there are many other importance given below:
- Wearing perfume will make your self-esteem high.
- You will get compliments from your boss and coworkers.
- You will feel excellent and blissful.
- You will get the spirit to work with confidence.
Re-applying Procedure of Perfume at Office
Most of the perfumes come in 100 ML jar, which is not very handy to transport with. If you carry it in your bag, there is a possibility of losing some product. You may not be even concern about that as you will be busy with your official work.
However, this does not mean you cannot carry your desired perfume for touch-ups. In this modern world, everything has become precise, along with the process of wearing perfume. The most effective ways of re-applying perfume are as follows:
- First, you will need cotton buds and a plastic bag. Dip some perfume into the cotton buds. Then put it into a small plastic bag. Re-apply whenever you feel necessary by dabbing.
- Another easy way to save your extra time is to buy the subscription bottle of 1 ML, 2 ML, 5 ML, 10 ML, or 15 ML. Most of the brands give a monthly subscription at an affordable price. This can be carried easily in your small pocket.
Perfume is something that can be worn with all types of suits at any time whenever you step out of the house. It is something that you should never forget to wear with confidence. Most people tend to go to the perfume section while shopping from a super shop.
So, from the above, hope you have understood the choosing procedure of perfume for the office. Moreover, you have also known about the importance of office perfume and the re-application procedure. From now onward, be confident in front of your boss and colleagues.
Fantastic web site. A lot of useful information here. Michaella Silvester Nicoline
I get very useful information on your page, I feel lucky
I think it is a fluent sharing, I will recommend your site to my friends
I am thinking of visiting your website again Thanks
You produce quality content, I appreciate you
I feel very lucky to follow your page
I love surfing on your pleasant site
Thanks so much for the blog post.Thanks Again. Great.
Thanks so much for the blog post.Thanks Again. Great.
I read a great article with pleasure, I hope it will continue
Love your stuff, Lesley; hope to see you sometime! Ralina Ximenez Harli